St. Saviour’s Episcopal Parish, Bar Harbor, Maine

St. Saviour’s Episcopal Parish rests on Mount Desert Island in a village originally incorporated as the Town of Eden by Samuel Adams in 1796 until its Bar Harbor name change in 1918. Built in a Gothic Revival and Queen Anne style, the structure is renowned for its ten Louis Comfort Tiffany designed stained glass windows and additional 43 memorial windows; each thoughtfully paying tribute to loved ones, saints and local figures who have touched the lives of its members.

St. John’s Episcopal Church, North Guilford, Connecticut

Desiring a place of worship more unified with the Church of England’s traditions, a dissident group of mainly lumbermen broke away from the North Guilford Congregational Church in Connecticut to form St. John’s Episcopal Church in 1747. A testament to the sentiment that time mends all wounds, 75 years later, the North Guilford Congregational Church donated the adjacent land where the parish of St. John’s Episcopal Church now assembles. Built in 1812, the reserved structure epitomizes early New England church architecture with its simple white exterior and prominent, central steeple. The neutral interior palette evokes notions of purity and stability, personifying its noble yet modest existence for more than two and half centuries.

The Episcopal Church of Saint John Baptist, Thomaston, Maine

The perseverance of the Episcopal Church of Saint John Baptist is mirrored by the resilience of its austere 1868 Carpenter Gothic style structure. Despite falling into disrepair in the 1950s and encountering financial hardships, its parishioners mended the building in the 1960s, exemplifying the church’s ability to weather adversity and return to its original splendor.

St. Thomas’ Episcopal Church, Camden, Maine

Located in downtown Camden, Maine, St. Thomas’ Episcopal Church has resided in its current building since 1924. The structure, which seats approximately 160 parishioners in its sanctuary, was built in an English Gothic style designed by architect, E. Leander Higgins of Portland. The church building has many distinctive features including: intricate carvings by Laudi Lang of Oberammergau, Germany; stained glass windows fabricated by the English firm Heaton, Butler and Bayne, Ltd. under the direction of Father Ralph Hayden; and needlepoint kneelers thoughtfully made by members of the Church.