St. Thomas’ Episcopal Church, Camden, Maine

Located in downtown Camden, Maine, St. Thomas’ Episcopal Church has resided in its current building since 1924. The structure, which seats approximately 160 parishioners in its sanctuary, was built in an English Gothic style designed by architect, E. Leander Higgins of Portland. The church building has many distinctive features including: intricate carvings by Laudi Lang of Oberammergau, Germany; stained glass windows fabricated by the English firm Heaton, Butler and Bayne, Ltd. under the direction of Father Ralph Hayden; and needlepoint kneelers thoughtfully made by members of the Church.